Firm, Brighten and Protect
On your search for free radical-fighting antioxidants you may have asked yourself,
“Why do I need vitamin C,” or “why is vitamin E important?” Certain antioxidant combinations deliver superior results compared to an antioxidant acting alone. The answer: this brilliant, radiance-inducing combination.
As vitamin E fights damaging free radicals, this critical antioxidant becomes depleted. In this superstar serum, it gets a vitamin C boost that reignites its age-fighting power in a dynamic cycle of replenishment. Vitamin C helps reduce uneven skin tone and discolouration, helping contribute to skin brightness and a more even complexion. Three distinct sources of vitamin C are delivered in this exclusive formula to give your skin all the age-defying power it needs. To make this serum a super skin-saver, Mary Kay scientists harnessed the multifunctional potential of navy bean extract. This innovative ingredient has been shown to help reduce the appearance of discolouration on the skin’s surface1 and improve the look of more even-toned skin overall. 1 Use this patent-pending formula daily to see skin that’s brighter, firmer and glowing with good health.
1Based on in vivo testing
To use: Dispense enough serum to move the product level to the next line on the bottle window. Smooth the serum evenly over your face in an upward and outward motion.
Three distinct sources of vitamin C help brighten and firm skin:
1. Pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid) supports your skin’s natural repair process. The antioxidant properties of vitamin C and the role it plays in supporting natural collagen production make this ingredient a vital component of skin health. In Replenishing Serum C+E, vitamin C and vitamin E are encapsulated together so the pure version of vitamin C experiences a controlled release alongside vitamin E to help facilitate the dynamic cycle of replenishment. Vitamin E also improves the stability of vitamin C.
2. Amla fruit extract (Phyllanthus emblica extract) is a rich source of vitamin C found in nature. It has a high antioxidant capacity to protect skin health and is shown to help support natural collagen production.2 Amla is a superfruit, full of nutrients including polyphenols, minerals and vitamins.
3. A vitamin C derivative (tetrahexyl ascorbate) has been included in the formula to perform in areas of the skin traditionally hard to reach for vitamin C. Because vitamin C is naturally water-soluble, this derivative has been modified to be oil-soluble, enhancing absorption. This modification helps ensure Mary Kay’s vitamin C technology can be more effective.
Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants known to science. By pairing it with pure vitamin C, Mary Kay scientists have extended its life, delivering antioxidant protection against premature skin aging. It begins with a special encapsulation technology that places pure vitamin C at the core, then encases this powerhouse ingredient with microspheres containing vitamin E. This pairing ensures the critical ingredients are delivered together in a controlled release to the surface of the skin.
Proprietary navy bean extract, shown to help reduce the appearance of discolouration on the skin’s surface1 and improve the look of more even-toned skin overall.1
1Based on in vivo testing
2Results based on in vitro testing
Why do we need vitamin C? See for yourself!
After one use:
Skin immediately appears brighter.
After one week:
Skin feels more supple. Skin texture looks and feels smoother.
After three weeks of twice-daily use:
• The serum leaves skin with a healthy radiance and revives the appearance of stressed (dull) skin.
• Skin looks younger. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is reduced.
• Skin appears visibly tighter. Skin both looks and feels firmer.
• Suitable for all skin types
• Gentle formula
• Tested for phototoxicity/photo-allergy(Brazil Only)
• Tested for skin irritancy and allergy
• Suitable for sensitive skin
Claims and Benefits
In an independent clinical study, panelists experienced more resilient, radiant skin in only four weeks.3 And even greater results over time:
• After eight weeks of use, 89% of panelists showed visibly firmer skin.3
• After eight weeks of use, 92% of panelists showed improvement in overall skin appearance. 3
• After eight weeks of use, 87% of panelists revealed more radiant skin.3
• 84% of panelists experienced a visible reduction in fine lines.3
3Results based on an eight-week independent clinical study in which 39 women used the product morning and evening