RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS
The copyright in all material provided on the Sites is held by Mary Kay Inc. (“Mary Kay Cosmetics (UK) Ltd”) . Except as stated herein, no material from the Sites or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Mary Kay, may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. Any unauthorised use of any material contained on the Sites may violate copyright laws, trademark laws and other laws.
The Consultant Locator is intended for use only by individuals seeking to purchase Mary Kay® products from an Independent Beauty Consultant and/or acquire information about becoming an Independent Beauty Consultant. ALL OTHER USES ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED including without limitation the use of the Consultant Locator for collection of Independent Beauty Consultant contact information by third parties for solicitation or for any other purpose.
Independent Beauty Consultant Personal Web Sites are intended for use only by individuals seeking to inquire about Mary Kay® products or who are looking for information about becoming an Independent Beauty Consultant. Independent Beauty Consultants who choose to operate a Personal Web Site agree to use the information collected on their Personal Web Site only for purpose of their independent Mary Kay business. ALL OTHER USES ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED including without limitation the use of the Personal Web Site for collection of Independent Beauty Consultant or consumer contact information by third parties for solicitation or for any other purpose.
You acknowledge and agree that you have been provided an opportunity to review and understand the company Privacy Policies. Any data that you choose to provide in connection with the Sites should be provided only once you have a proper understanding of how the data you provide will be used. If you have any questions or concerns about your data in connection with these sites contact the data protection official referenced in the Privacy Policies
The Sites are created and operated by Mary Kay Cosmetics (UK) Ltd. Mary Kay makes no representation that materials on the Sites are appropriate or available for use outside of the United Kingdom or Ireland. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Any claim relating to, and the use of, the Sites are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
The trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Sites are registered and unregistered trademarks of Mary Kay Inc., unless otherwise noted. Nothing on the Sites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Sites.
Links to third-party websites may be provided on the Sites. If so, they are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Sites. Mary Kay has not reviewed all third-party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Mary Kay does not endorse or make any representations about such sites, or any information or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you access any third-party sites linked to the Sites, you do so at your own risk.
If you would like to link to this Site, the following guidelines apply: A site that links to the Site:
- Should not imply, either directly or indirectly, that Mary Kay is endorsing its products;
- Should not use any Trademarks (i.e. the Mary Kay® logo);
- Should not contain content or material that could be construed as offensive, controversial or distasteful and should only contain content that is appropriate for all age groups;
- Should not disparage Mary Kay or its products in any way or otherwise negatively affect or harm the reputation and goodwill of Mary Kay;
- Should not present false or misleading information about Mary Kay or the Mary Kay career opportunity;
- Should not misrepresent any relationship with Mary Kay;
- Should not replicate in any manner any content in the Site; and
- Should not create a browser or border environment around Site material.
Mary Kay UK | IE
Mary Kay #MKBeautyBFFContest 2020
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
- The Parties
- The sponsor of the Mary Kay #MKBeautyBFFContest is Mary Kay UK | IE (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or “Mary Kay UK | IE”) whose registered office is at: 163 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BU
- The contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 years or over (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant”).
- Entrants cannot be employees or immediate family members of the Company or any of the Company’s parent companies, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates—such individuals are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- In entering the contest, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Company may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the contest.
- Entry Requirements
- There are two ways an Entrant can submit an entry (“Qualified Entry”):
- (a)Video Entry
- Entrant can either:
- Film a 1-2-minute video of herself describing a specific and meaningful moment where her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant made a difference in Entrant’s life; or
- Entrant can film a 1-2-minute video together with her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant describing a meaningful moment where her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant made a difference in Entrant’s life;
- Tag the video with:
- If Entrant is a Mary Kay customer, Entrant will tag her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in the video’s post, if she/he has access to this information and she/he has the Independent Beauty Consultant’s permission; or
- If Entrant is a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, Entrant will tag her/his Mary Kay customer in the video’s post, if she/he has access to this information and she/he has the customer’s permission.
- Tag Company’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/marykayuk)/Instagram (www.instagram.com/marykayuk);
- Email a copy of the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tag the photo with:
- If Entrant is a Mary Kay customer, Entrant will tag her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in the photo’s post, if she/he has access to this information and she/he has the Independent Beauty Consultant’s permission; or
- If Entrant is a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, Entrant will tag her/his Mary Kay customer in the photo post, if she/he has access to this information and she/he has the customer’s permission.
- Tag Company’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/marykayuk)/Instagram (www.instagram.com/marykayuk).
- Email a copy of the submission to email@example.com.
- Video should be filmed in front of a solid white or neutral background, with good lighting and sound quality;
- Post the final video to Company’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/marykayuk)/Instagram (www.instagram.com/marykayuk/) and:
- Tag the video with the following hashtags:
- The participating Entrant’s social media user profile must be public for the Company to view the submission and to judge it accordingly.Private profiles will not be supported.Only posts (photos or videos) posted on the public profile will be considered as Qualified Entries. Stories are not supported.
- The participating Entrant’s social media user profile must be public for the Company to view the submission and to judge it accordingly.Private profiles will not be supported.Only posts (photos or videos) posted on the public profile will be considered as a Qualified Entry. Stories are not supported.
- (b)Photo Entry
- Entrant can take a selfie (ideally with /her/his Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant);
- The photo must be captioned with the description of a meaningful moment where her/his Independent Beauty Consultant made a difference in Entrant’s life;
- Post the final photo and caption to Company’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/marykayuk)/Instagram (www.instagram.com/marykayuk/) and:
- Tag the photo with the following hashtags:
- For a Qualified Entry to be counted, Entrants must comply with all the relevant requirements listed in Sections III(a) - (b), above, depending on the nature of Entrant’s submission.
- The Company will not accept contest entries that are:
- (a)automatically generated by computer;
- (b)illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- (c)copies and not originals;
- Entrants may submit as many Qualified Entries as they wish.
- The contest starts Sunday, 1 March 2020 and all Qualified Entries must be received by the Company by 11:59, Thursday, 30 April 2020. The Company is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, posting errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction. It is the Entrant’s responsibility that she/he complies with all entry qualifications.
- The Company reserves all rights to disqualify Entrants whose conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the contest.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter this contest.
- By entering this contest, Entrant is indicating her/his agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Prize(s)
- Six finalist winners (hereinafter referred to as “Finalist Winners”) will be chosen from Company’s Qualified Entries;
- Each Finalist Winner will also be entered into a Europe Region #MKBeautyBFFContest Europe Grand Prize contest on behalf of Mary Kay UK | IE for the chance at winning the Grand Prize, detailed below;
- Finalist Prize(s)
- (a)Each of the Finalist Winners and their Independent Beauty Consultants will win the following:
- A relaxing spa day with access to all facilities.
- A 60 minute spa treatment.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Grand Prize
- (a)A single Finalist Winner will be chosen from Mary Kay UK | IE as the Europe Grand Prize Winner;
- (b)The Grand Prize Winner will win the following:
- The Grand Prize Winner’s contest entry will also be featured in a video to be shown at all Mary Kay markets’ seminars across Europe, social media content, and published Company materials.
- The prizes are as stated, and no cash or other alternatives can be claimed by the Finalist Winners or the Grand Prize Winner. The prizes are not transferable and are subject to availability.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state, and federal taxes (as may be applicable) on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
- The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Company reserves the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
- How Winners will be Selected
- Finalist Winners
- (a)Qualified Entries will be judged based on the originality and the creativity of the submission, adherence to the Entry Requirements (i.e., Section III), and the quality of the Qualified Entry’s submission.
- (b)Judging will take place between 30 April 2020 and 11 May 2020.
- (c)After Mary Kay UK | IE judges have completed their review of all Qualified Entries, the six Finalist Winners will be announced on 12 May 2020 (the “Finalist Announcement Date”) through email. The decision of the judges nominated by the Company is final.
- (d)Finalist Winners will also be notified via Facebook/Instagram private message (depending on the platform the Qualified Entry is submitted)/the email address associated with the Qualified Entry. Finalist Winners will also be announced through the Company’s social media channels (e.g., Instagram and Facebook). In order to claim the prize, the Finalist Winners must provide to the Company her/his correct name and address within 5 days of the Finalist Announcement Date.The Company reserves the right to require additional identification of the winner and failure to provide satisfactory and genuine proof of identity will result in the winner’s claim to the prize being invalid.
- (e)If a winner cannot be notified within twenty-four (24) hours or does not respond to the Company and claim the prize within 5 days of the Finalist Announcement Date, then the prize will be forfeited. The Company reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner randomly selected from among the remaining Qualified Entries; however, the Company is not obligated to select a substitute Finalist Winner.
- Grand Prize Winners
- (a)All Finalists’ Qualified Entries will be automatically submitted by Mary Kay UK | IE to the Company’s global headquarters to be judged by a panel of international Mary Kay corporate judges.
- (b)Submitted Finalist Qualified Entries will be judged based on the originality and the creativity of the submission, adherence to the Entry Requirements (i.e., Section III), and the quality of the Qualified Entry’s submission.
- (c)One Grand Prize Winner from each Europe Mary Kay Market will be selected
- (d)After Company’s corporate, international judges have completed their review of all Finalist Qualified Entries, one Grand Prize Winner from each Mary Kay Europe Market will be selected to be part of exclusive Company-created materials, as outlined in Section IV(4)(b), and will be announced on 1 June 2020 (the “Grand Prize Announcement Date”) through email. The decision of the judges nominated by the Company is final.
- (e)Grand Prize Winner will also be notified via the email address associated with the Qualified Entry. Grand Prize Winners will also be announced through the Company’s social media channels (e.g., Instagram and Facebook). In order to claim the prize, the Grand Prize Winner must provide to the Company her/his correct name and address within 5 days of the Grand Prize Announcement Date.The Company reserves the right to require additional identification of the winner and failure to provide satisfactory and genuine proof of identity will result in the winner’s claim to the prize being invalid.
- (f)If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be notified within twenty-four (24) hours or does not respond to the Company and claim the prize within 5 days of the Grand Prize Announcement Date, then the prize will be forfeited. The Company reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner randomly selected from among the remaining Finalist Qualified Entries; however, the Company is not obligated to select a substitute Grand Prize Winner.
- Ownership of Contest Entries and Intellectual Property Rights All contest entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Company will become the property of the Company on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting a contest entry and any accompanying material, Entrants, Finalist Winners, and/or Grand Prize Winner agree to:
- (a)assign to the Company all their intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- (b)waive all moral rights,
in and to their contest Entry and otherwise arising in connection with their Entry to which Entrants, Finalist Winners, and/or Grand Prize Winner may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- Entrants, Finalist Winners, and/or Grand Prize Winner agree that the Company may, but is not required to, make their entry and any part thereof available on its websites www.marykay.co.uk, www.marykay.ie, www.discovermarykay.co.uk, social media accounts and any other media anywhere in the world, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the contest. Entrants agree to grant the Company an exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the contest entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, distribute, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, make derivative works of, re-format and sub-license the contest entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Entrant, Finalist Winners, and/or Grand Prize Winner waive any right they may have to inspect and approve the final form and context of the use of their image(s) in their Qualified Entries as permitted hereunder.
- Entrant, Finalist Winners, and/or Grand Prize Winner understands they will not receive any compensation for the above-referenced usage of their Qualified Entries. All information, images, audio, video, and data associated with the Qualified Entries will become the property of the Company.
- Data Privacy
- The Company and its agents acknowledge that as a data controller it is required to comply with its applicable obligations under all relevant data privacy laws. The Company and the Entrants agree that the processing of the Entrant’s Qualified Entry and other data is necessary both as part of the performance of this contract and is in the legitimate interests of the Company.
- Personal data will be kept confidential and will not be processed or made accessible to third parties save for the purpose of administering this contest, the announcement and publication of entries and the marketing communications detailed herein.
- With regard to personal data process by the Company, you have rights indicated in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, including right to access, right of intervention, right of opposition, and the right to be forgotten. Please address any data request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Company, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Company, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. Instagram/Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages or any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. The Company is not responsible for any technological issues including, but not limited to, computer malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this giveaway and/or the use of short code.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Company may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude Entrant from participating in the contest.
- The Company reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize contest where it becomes necessary to do so. Any announcements in relation to the contest will be published on the Company’s website page located at: www.marykay.co.uk.
- Facebook and Instagram are not affiliated with the Company nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram.
- These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of the United Kingdom and Ireland. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contest shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom and Ireland.
©2020 Mary Kay Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion may be reproduced without written permission of Mary Kay Inc.